Pages

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Nostalgia Thursday: Partying Like It's 1902 Part 2--"Basket for Holding Fancy-Work"

This week I was going to post about a purse making project from The Delineator magazine, but I was sidetracked by a basket project from the magazine. I ended up making a lot of them :) It was interesting, because both the purse and basket projects were based on using cardboard and shoestrings or cords. It's perfect timing, because I'm trying to stick with the April Stashbusting pledge to not buy any new craft supplies and make projects with materials that I already have. Since I have a lot of cord and ribbon, I went on a basket making spree :)

I love the pattern of the cord in the article and the way that the fabric peeks out from underneath it.



I tried several different patterns with the cord, and it was a lot of fun. I'm making two tutorials based on the baskets, so stay tuned :) The magazine called it a "Basket for Holding Fancy-Work," so I decided to put some of my embroidery floss in this one :)



The embroidery floss used to be tucked away in a drawer, but I'm glad that it's on the shelf now. I think that the colors brighten up that area of the room.

No comments:

Post a Comment