Pages

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Nostalgia Thursday: Sherlock Holmes and 21 Jump Street

I haven't done my Nostalgia Saturday post in awhile, and I've decided to move it to Thursdays :) On Thursdays, I'll continue to share some of the songs, movies, events, and other fun items from the past that I like to reminisce about as well as interesting vintage items. Today my two part topic is a vintage Sherlock Holmes book and the fabulous 80s show 21 Jump Street!



Last month I wrote about a cute thimble and polaroid copier that I found; another item that I bought during the same trip was a Sherlock Holmes & Watson book. I love mysteries and trying to solve puzzles, and I've been saving this to read. It's not in a traditional book format and instead is written through pages of telegrams, letters, maps, and newspaper articles, business cards, notes, and other material. I've had so much fun flipping through the pages, and I'm excited about sitting down to go through all of it.













In keeping with the detective theme, I'm feeling nostalgic about 21 Jump Street. I remember I used to look forward to watching it, and now that it's on hulu.com, it has been fun to see the characters, plots, music, and outfits again--It has also been fun to see Johnny Depp again in those episodes :) I think I might buy the series for the memories.

1 comment:

  1. That looks like a really cool book. I had something similar as a kid, Lemony Snicket's "Unauthorized Autobiography." It was sort of like a scrapbook that told a mysterious story.

    ReplyDelete